01 May 2012
Portland Symphonic Choir
18 May 2012
Opening: General Manager for the Portland Symphonic Choir
The Portland Symphonic Choir, Portland’s oldest and largest semi-professional, a non-profit choral group, is hiring a General Manager to help shape our future and to manage the business activities of the organization.
Most-qualified candidates will have prior business/managerial experience; as well as familiarity with theater/concert production. See below for more details, including how to apply.
Additional Details for Portland Symphonic Choir General Manager Applicants
This part-time General Manager will help develop and implement a shared vision for the Choir, along with the Board of Directors and Artistic Director. Successful applicants for this leadership role must have the following skills and experience (or an equivalent combination of skills and experience) to meet our organizational needs:
- Office and people management experience
- Familiarity with theater/concert production
- Business acumen, managing and operating within budget
- Familiarity with marketing and PR concepts
- Manages staff and volunteers to meet organizational goals and objectives
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and deadline/goal-driven
- Negotiation skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and works well under pressure
- Proficient at office applications (Word, Excel, email required; database and website management preferred)
- Residence in the Portland Metropolitan area
- A love of music! Though being able to sing is not a requirement.
For additional information: Job Description – General Manager 2012
Compensation will depend on experience.
If interested in this exciting and challenging role, tell us what makes you uniquely qualified by submitting your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com Applications will be accepted until end of business on Friday, May 18, 2012.