Los Angeles, California
21 Jun 2012
Los Angeles Children's Chorus
16 Jul 2012
Since its founding in 1986, Los Angeles Children’s Chorus (LACC) has provided choral music training for more than 1700 children and has established a reputation as one of the nation’s leading children’s choruses. More than 350 singers from 60 communities throughout greater Los Angeles participate in one of six choral ensembles based on musical skill level or vocal range. From ages 6-18, children from across greater Los Angeles gather together to become world-class singers through hard work, dedication, and passion. The experiences with LACC transform children into highly accomplished musicians while teaching such critical life skills as self-discipline, collaboration, cultural understanding, and the value of striving for personal excellence.
LACC’s comprehensive educational program addresses diverse learning styles and levels of experience through a sequential music literacy curriculum and rehearsal schedule. LACC annually produces professional quality concerts; collaborates with world-class arts organizations; and tours regionally, nationally, and internationally. The organization additionally offers a vibrant program of community engagement, professional development opportunities for music educators and in-school programs for elementary school children. While LACC's program is tuition-based, fully 20% of LACC's participants receive tuition assistance.
LACC seeks a passionate and experienced leader to assume the role of Executive Director, the administrative leader of the organization responsible for providing vision, strategic direction, and oversight of LACC’s resources to ensure success in carrying out the organization’s mission.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Fundraising and Development: Provide guidance and leadership to the Development staff to ensure that short term and long term fundraising goals are achieved.
- Board of Directors Interface: Regularly interface with Board members on all business related to LACC. Support and help facilitate committees. Facilitate recruitment of qualified Board members.
- Budget/Fiscal Management and Governance: Develop and maintain sound financial practices. Work with staff, Finance Committee and the Board in preparing a budget. Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Marketing: Actively promote LACC to drive awareness and participation in the program, and to ensure a pipeline for auditions.
- Community Relations: Serve as a representative of LACC to agencies, organizations and general public, including parents, donors, and media.
- Human Resources and Staff Development: Organize and manage LACC staff to ensure highly engaged employees, and efficient and effective operations. Maintain a climate which attracts, retains and motivates a diverse staff of top quality people.
- Strategic Planning and Long Range Plan Development: Apply effective strategic thinking and decision making to ensure the long term sustainability of LACC.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in relevant field desirable. Coursework, workshops, seminars in non-profit arts administration a plus.
- Work Experience: Prior experience in non-profit arts administration preferred, either as an Executive Director or other senior position. Experience successfully leading and developing cross-functional teams and managing staff. Hands-on experience planning, developing and executing fundraising programs and marketing/publicity campaigns. Demonstrated commitment to professional relations development and community involvement and leadership. Experience working with non-profit boards and complying with governance policies and procedures.
- Knowledge: Superb written and verbal communications skills. Effective public speaker, projecting energy and enthusiasm, and comfortable with public visibility. Expertise in financial management and analysis. Working knowledge of information technology and social media. Keen awareness of non-profit governance policies and regulations.
- Leadership: The ability to communicate the vision and mission of LACC, unite individuals, and gain their commitment to achieve the goals of the organization. A strong drive to achieve performance goals and initiatives. Adaptable and open-minded. Decisive, personable, respectful and social. Comfortable with a flexible work schedule, including occasional evening and weekend commitments.
Salary is commensurate with experience. LACC offers an attractive benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance.
Procedure for Applying
Please send a letter of interest with your résumé to: email@example.com. Only online applications will be accepted. Deadline for submissions is July 16, 2012.