Easy access to Montclair. NJ area
02 Jun 2012
Schola Cantorum on Hudson
15 Jul 2012
ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION: Schola Cantorum on Hudson is a 35-voice pro-am choral ensemble with a mission of global cultural impact through passionate musical experience, multi-faceted education and outreach initiatives, innovative programming designed to touch lives, and artistic leadership in performing and pro-actively promoting new works
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR: PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVE
The Executive Director works in partnership with the Artistic Director, the Board, and an active volunteer staff to develop, implement and monitor strategies and tactics that achieve and maintain the goals, objectives and artistic vision of Schola Cantorum on Hudson. The Executive Director reports to the Chair of the Board of Trustees.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Board Development and Support: Work with the Chair and the Board to build the Board, including staffing all Board Committees, scheduling committee meetings, preparing agendas, distributing minutes and following up on action items.
· Resources Development and Fundraising: Work with the Artistic Director and the Board to set overall objectives; create and execute a comprehensive strategy of financial development and support, to include foundation and government grants, individual donor cultivation, corporate partnerships, annual fund and special events.
· Marketing and Public Relations: Develop marketing/communication objectives and comprehensive strategy, and implement tactics to market the ensemble and to develop audiences. Upgrade and leverage the website, and other online and social media marketing vehicles. Create Vertical Response (VR) communications, and maintain/continually update VR mailing lists in accordance with government regulation. Represent Schola Cantorum on Hudson to the public.
· Strategic Planning:Work with Board to implement the strategic plan. Do annual assessment of progress relative to plan. Refresh plan as needed.
· Financial Management: Work with the Treasurer and Board to prepare budgets, and manage financial operations and cash flow in accordance with approved budget and governmental regulations.
· Volunteer Staff Management: Oversee activities and timelines of tasks assigned to SCH volunteers.
· Production Management: Oversee contract negotiations for performance venues, instrumentalists, and recording contracts; work with Ensemble Manager. Manage all aspects of the Schola Cantorum on Hudson physical and virtual office. Ensure appropriate document and other asset maintenance and retention, and manage all databases. Oversee mail, telephone and supplies.
Position may be structured as full-time or three-quarter time, depending on the range of skills and the availability of the candidate.
The ideal candidate is:
· Passionate about Schola Cantorum on Hudson and choral music
· An energetic entrepreneur who will develop new sources of revenue
· Developmentally supportive of SCH’s full mission of performance, education, and proactive new music promotion
· Personable, professional and articulate
· Willing to accept the challenges of leading a forward-thinking, artistically ambitious organization
· Comfortable working with an active, involved Board and broad-based volunteer staff
The ideal candidate has:
· Either volunteer or professional experience with an arts organization
· Successful track record with fundraising
· Knowledge of foundations and other philanthropic sources, and other musical groups and arts organizations in the Manhattan and Northern NJ area
· A degree in marketing/business, non-profit organizational development, or arts administration
Commensurate with experience; projected $40K’s
The Search Committee invites interested applicants to send a letter of interest, with resumé/CV and references attached. Online applications only: firstname.lastname@example.org