05 Apr 2012
30 Apr 2012
Cantata Singers seeks a passionate, energetic individual to provide inspirational leadership as the group embarks on its next 50 years. Working with the Board of Trustees and in creative partnership with the Music Director, the new Executive Director will help Cantata Singers continue its tradition of compelling programming, exceptional artistry and a commitment to education.
The Executive Director is responsible for the overall administration and management of Cantata singers. Primary areas of responsibility include being an active participant in fundraising and development activities, financial management, management and administration and staff supervision. This is a full-time position.
- Manage the activities of the Development Director and play an active role in fundraising efforts of Cantata Singers. This includes supervising the research and writing of government, corporate and foundation grants, as well as the planning and execution of other gift campaigns.
- Develop and monitor all budgets
- Provide proper fiscal record keeping and reporting, and ensure effective audit trails.
- Submit monthly financial statements to the board
- Work closely with the Treasurer to provide regular financial statements to the board and staff
Planning, Management, and Administration
- Supervise 2 full time and one ½ time staff person (General Manager, Development Director and Education Director.)
- Oversee the preparation administrative reports for board and committee meetings
- Develop and facilitate an active planning process; monitor plans once in place
- Develop artistic objectives and organization goals
- Oversee all programs and activities
Marketing and Promotion
- Oversee marketing efforts, including design, message development, public relations, audience development and the planning of new initiatives.
Qualifications and Expectations
- Proven success in managing and implementing successful fundraising efforts
- Excellent financial and budgetary management skills
- Relevant experience in nonprofit management, preferably classical music
- Excellent written skills as well as oral presentation skills
E-mail cover letter and resume to Board Chair Mary Beth Stevens - firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.