01 Jul 2012
Boston Gay Men's Chorus
13 Jul 2012
The Boston Gay Men’s Chorus is seeking an Executive Director who is a strategic thinker, organizational champion and communications expert to lead the award-winning 175-voice performing-arts ensemble to the next era of growth and excellence. This is an opportunity to guide the future development and groundbreaking community outreach for the organization, now in its 30th season. The Executive Director:
- Serves as the chief administrative officer
- Provides supervision and leadership of fundraising and development
- Runs the business on a day-to-day basis
- Grows the reputation and budget of the organization
- Maintains and enhances our brand
- Develops and maintains relationships with our constituents
- Creates and executes the vision and strategy of the BGMC
- Acts as a primary spokesperson for the group
You are a seasoned leader and flawless communicator with a proven history in fundraising from public and private sources. Your passion for the performing arts and affinity for GLBT issues is readily apparent to all who meet you. Your proven ability to manage concurrent relationships with donors, chorus members, staff, friends of the BGMC and other constituents makes you a perfect fit for the position. And your sense of humor, integrity and inspiration are always on display. You possess a bachelor’s degree or equivalent and a minimum of 10 years’ experience in non-profit management as executive director or senior manager (or similar experience in the private sector).
Information will be provided during the interviewing process.
Please direct your resume and a cover letter to ed.search@BGMC.org by July 13, 2012.