20 Jun 2012
Boulder Children's Chorale
20 Jul 2012
Preparatory Choir Director
The Director of the Preparatory Choir works under the guidance of the Boulder Children's Chorale Director. This is a part-time position, with no benefits provided. Hours will be flexible, but must accommodate late afternoon, evening and/or weekend rehearsal & performance schedule.
The Preparatory Choir Director reports to the Artistic Director on all artistic issues and to the Board of Directors on administrative, organizational, and outreach activities.
· Select repertoire suitable for children’s voices and appropriate for training students in choral singing
· Provide instruction and develop the vocal and ensemble skills of young singers
· Recruit and audition students of all backgrounds
· Plan and execute weekly rehearsals for age-appropriate groups during the season
· Prepare singers to perform at concerts and other performances throughout the year
· Conduct all performances
· Cooperate with Artistic Director in decisions regarding performances
· Keep current with new choral repertoire and collaborate with the Artistic Director on programming when requested
· Provide assistance with score markings, preparations, and program notes as needed
· Assist staff with concert-related logistics as needed
· Represent the Children’s Chorale at various community and cultural events
· Communicate regularly and clearly with families of singers
· Confer with parents/caregivers, Director of Youth Development, and Artistic Director regarding student progress, family and fundraising activities.
· Work closely with Boulder Chorale Board and staff to ensure continued effectiveness and development of the Children’s Chorale
· Bachelor’s degree in Choral Conducting or Music Education and/or significant experience in childhood music education
· Passion for working with children and strong belief in and understanding of the benefits of performance-based music education
· Strong knowledge of vocal production and choral technique.
· Ability to work in collaboration with the Artistic Director and other music staff to develop the vision for the Children’s Chorale, including repertoire, programming and season planning.
· Knowledge of choral techniques, vocal pedagogy and a broad range of choral repertoire for children's choir
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work as a member of a team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chorale Conducting of Music Education, and/or significant experience in childhood music education.
- Passion for working with children, and strong belief in and understanding of the benefits of performance-based music education.
- Ability to work in collaboration with the Children’s Chorale Director and other music staff to develop the vision for the Children’s Chorale including repertoire, programming, and season planning.
Salary: $30/hr, approximately 32 rehearsals per year. No summer commitment.
Rehearsals: Thursday afternoons from 4:15-6:00, Atonement Lutheran Church at 685 Inca Pkwy. in Boulder. An accompanist will be provided for rehearsals and concerts.
Submit a resume and cover letter (no supporting materials at this time) by July 20, 2012 to: