16 Jul 2012 - 21 Jul 2012
Western Washington University
Western Washington University’s College of Fine and Performing Arts and Bellingham Festival of Music
Maestros Vance George and Michael Palmer
Explore vocal and conducting techniques under Maestro Vance George, Maestro Michael Palmer, Fabiana Katz, and Dinah Helgeson.
Choral Arts Institute is an intense study for:
- Music Educators
- Choral Directors
- Voice Teachers
- Orchestral Conductors
- Choral Arts Students
Perform Mozart’s Mass in C Minor at the Bellingham Festival of Music, one of America's premier virtuoso orchestra festivals.
Western Washington University’s College of Fine and Performing Arts and Bellingham Festival of Music are proud to offer a Choral Arts Institute this summer. Immerse yourself in a week of intense study and performance of Mozart’s Mass in C Minor.
Work in teams to:
- Study with Chorus Director Emeritus of The San Francisco Symphony, Vance George
- Learn from Michael Palmer, artistic director of the Bellingham Festival of Music since 1993
- Rehearse with Fabiana Katz and Dinah Helgeson
- Perform Mozart’s Mass in C Minor with Bellingham Festival of Music
- Earn WWU graduate credit or clock hours
Join WWU graduate students, teachers, and community choral conductors in this first offering of the summer institute.
Register by July 9 at www.wwu.edu/choralinstitute.
Formal admission to Western is not required.